Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 70 of 120 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

If it's true, I wish I could give a big tip to whomever has to process my registration while not collecting a paycheck. While I'm happy that my registration won't be delayed, I hardly think registering my luxury goods is something we should require federal workers to do without pay. Not getting political here, just empathizing with the hundreds of thousands of workers who are wondering when their pay will get turned back on.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Well, nothing in the mail. I checked on the FAA website. They are currently processing Registrations submited 19 Nov 2018. Uhhhhggg.. I submitted about 20 Dec. It seemed that around Dec. 20 they were working on Submissions from 3 Nov. . What I thought was going to be about a three week process has now turned into probably a 2 month process. My DAR says that if I had a Reserved number that it would happen fairly quick. He suggested that those with reserved numbers are dealt with as nearly as quickly as they are received. I have one but it isn't happening that quickly. Holidays may have something to do with it. Im ready for it whenever they can get it here.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I feel your pain Eddie. Took me forever to get mine. Lots of flgeound tests to shake out the gremlins!
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    Well, nothing in the mail. I checked on the FAA website...

Sorry to hear. Any suggestions to a fellow builder to help speed up the process?
    Last edited by Shadowrider; 01-11-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Can't speed it up. Just don't wait too late to send in your application for registration and "N" number before you are ready for inspection.

Ralph

I guess you can do that anytime before you finish correct? Any reason not to do it right away?

yeh, kinda fine with it. Life has been busy so....
    I believe I seen on the FAA website that you can expect 2 months. I had been told much shorter as I mentioned previously. So, I wasn't rushing and I am not quite yet prepared for the inspection. It will come.
    LOL yeh I am pretty much anticipating all the ground taxiing and such looking for Gremlins. It will be fun just learning what "my" plane feels like just on the ground.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Got my fingers crossed I at least get to see you again at Copper State Fly In, on Friday or Saturday... How many hours of test flight do you need to get in before getting completely signed off?

unfortunately, I am scheduled to work overnight on that Friday and I work Sunday day shift. I won't make it to the show. I won't fly this thing until I make it back to Idaho anyhow. Time is slipping by really fast these past few months.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Eddie, it sounds like we're both about due for a trip to Idaho. Maybe our paths will cross up there. They are on vacation until Feb. 18th. I'll be looking to head up there Late Feb/Early March before they start getting too busy.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS