Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 111 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1196

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

Good stuff Eddie. I told you she looked great in flight.😀

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

My 18yo son is home from school so we did a little exploring yesterday out near the "Hammers" in the high desert North East of San Bernardino.
    We also got a chance to stop by a fellow Kitfoxers (David) desert runway as well. We definitely need some more Kitfoxes around here.
    edited IMG 5475.jpg
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Looking good! Off airport landings are my favorite! That, and low level desert flying.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Got a taste of having a fellow Kitfoxer to fly with although he flew a Citabria this time. Todd, his wife, my other half and myself put in over 3 hours of flight time this past Saturday. Our 2 hr leg felt like 1 hr to me. So enjoyable to fly with friends. IMG_5610.jpgIMG_5615.jpgIMG_5657.jpgFlight with Todd in Citabria.jpg
    We may have located your latest internet order. Lots of containers sitting out off the port waiting to be unloaded.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

It sure is, Eddie. That’s a nice picture of you over Long Beach!
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

They say I could go down there to work non-stop Longshore but then I would have no time to work on the fox. Great pics!
    Starfox

In my previous pic I mention possibly knowing where your shipments are. Ships in the harbor. I think all the Differential Cylinder Pressure tools must be there. I have been waiting for about 6 weeks for AS&S or any other source to come up with this tool. All are out of stock, I came into a loaner from a hangar neighbor but now I need the 12mm adapter to use it on my 912. Those are and have been on back order as well for weeks. Ive been waiting for 4 March as that is when they report that the stock was expected. Now that date has been updated to April 6. If I hope to fly this thing after my annual I guess I will either have to pay a shop to do the pressure test, forego the test this time or park it until I get what I need. It is an EAB so nothing says I have to do the test and it is basically a new engine at 300hrs. Ive had zero change in compression on the previous 2 100hr checks. What is going on with this tool? Only one manufacturer? Baffling. Im hoping my DAR might have what I need as he did with the scales.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

If worse comes to worst you can make your own. I’ve done it a couple of times. Take an old plug and “gut” it ... remove the electrodes and break off the porcelain, ream it out. Then weld on an air hose male quick coupler fitting. Sometimes works well to replace the gasket with an o-ring.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Great! I will give that a try John. Maybe this is the project that I break down and buy a Lincoln Electric welder. I have been itching to learn to weld ever since we were at Airventure 2019 where I got a try at it.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I have been using the Proto JFP210M Differential Pressure tester. Amazon has it in stock: https://www.amazon.com/Proto-JFP210M.../dp/B00BNSJEI2.
    It includes a 12mm adapter.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS