Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 109 of 120 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1196

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

Eddie, finally got time to look for “ Midlife Crisis” in Sport Aviation. Nice to see your Kitfox in the glossy pages of “The” magazine.
    Truth told, I now get my copy of Sport Aviation electronically.😉 Congrats. Well deserved.👍😎
    B98AC5A7-3F96-4372-98FA-9F026D72AE9B.jpg BAC3D46C-94BE-45BE-BFB6-5824C16EB1FC.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thank you all. Thanks for the pics Steve. Im looking forward to my hard copy arriving.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I have an update regarding the Lane B light. I finished an oil change yesterday and went out for a turn in the pattern. Lane B light again. I had to replace the air intake temp sensor. I wish I could buy Carl a Beer for leading me to the G3X capabilities. I suppose a beer is kinda cheep since I don't need to buy a $1300 Dongle or pay a shop to decipher my codes. Thanks again Carl.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

You're very welcome Eddie but I don't deserve too much credit. It would be very helpful if Garmin produced a collection of teaching videos on the G3X. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying learning from your experiences and frustrations as my "first flight" day approaches.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

I had a pretty nice flight yesterday. 3.4 hours touring Palm Springs and beyond. Got my opportunity to fly below sea level. Salton Sea, CA. I aim to do more touring flights like this. Lots to learn just by seeing stuff then researching it at home. Salton Sea is a result of our aqua duct failing and dumping Colorado River water into the desert for two years. It is 35 miles by 15 miles and 1.5 times saltier than ocean water. This body of water has no oultet, only evaporative loss so it’s getting saltier. You will notice in the inset of the PFD a TFR. That is where the Marines lost one of their F35 fighters a couple weeks ago after it mid air collided with the C-130 refueler.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by efwd; 10-14-2020 at 01:28 PM.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Interesting place Eddie. Desertfox1 and I flew his Kitfox from Chandler to Giillespie field in San Diego a few years back. First time for me seeing and flying over the the Sultan Sea. At one time way back it was a very popular resort area. Not anymore.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Nice! I have been into Thermal quite a few times. Doesn't seem like your below sea level because of the mountains around.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Had a pretty cool weekend. Made our second attempt to land at Catalina. Cloud bank on the airport prevented us from stopping last time. Its getting late here on the Pacific coast so if your fighting off insomnia maybe my short clip will put you off to sleep.

https://youtu.be/CqPUXlON2ck
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

The other day I went to visit Fred who is making good progress on his SS7 over in Torrance. I found myself in unfamiliar airspace so while I had the opportunity I snapped a few shots of Long Beach. I also came across this Kitfox in full dress while out and aboutIMG_5332.jpgIMG_5334.jpgIMG_5335.jpgIMG_5336.jpg. Super nice cover. Wonder who he had make this?
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Nice shots Eddie. I see the Queen Mary out there.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS