Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: EFWD Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: EFWD Build

OOoo, I may actually be able to help here, as I've been discussing similar things with the UK guru of everything electrical and Rotax (the same guy who makes the status monitor).

The 1.5K resistor that is wired in parallel is necessary to stop the LEDs glowing even when there is no 'signal' to illuminate the Lane light. I guess this is something to do with the incredibly small current that is required to light an LED versus a normal filament and any residual wiggly amps floating around. As is obvious, I don't know why but I do know the parallel resistor is required for that reason. The series resistor is only required really to vary the brightness of your LED and since your LED is purpose-built for the job it shouldn't need that in the circuit. I have gone down this road (I was going to say 'lane' but that would have been a horrible pun).

I am also availing myself of the LEDs fitted into my rocker switches, so just ignore the part of the diagram below with the switch in it, but this is how you would wire the Lane A light (for Lane B it would be HIC B Pin 2 to HIC B Pin 10).

If you use the lights supplied they are not LEDs, so you don't need the parallel resistor.
    Attached Files Attached Files