Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 67 of 120 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

She's a beaut Eddie!
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Very nice!
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Looks awesome Eddie!
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Thank You all for the comments. I know this genre of paint schemes is not everyones preference but for me it was great. When I saw the plane that Kitfox built for a client (N65ZC) and brought to Airventure before they delivered it a couple years ago I had to do something similar. That airplane just spoke to me. I wish my paint was done as well as that one was but a correction may be in the near future. This paint is just too soft and gets hangar rash too easily. I will fly this for a bit then I will likely have a paint shop do it over with better paint.
    I'm just not going to bother buying a breathing apparatus and another paint booth in the garage.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Eddie, I understand the pride in ownership thing, especially with building it all yourself. But that bird is too nice a build to spend it's life as a hanger queen, IMHO... get your certs and go get that bird up in the air where it belongs, with that 912 iS motor that sips Mogas. You've got all the nice stuff in it... GX3, probably auto pilot 2 axis, lights, big wheels, etc. You live in So Cal, you can fly her year round. That's what I'd be doing, if it was my bird. Get your money's worth out of her logging hours. Paint can come whenever, no one sees quality of paint on her out flying, only at an air show.

Anyways, that's all IMHO... she's a great build, enjoy her as you see fit.

Registration is in the works. They have cashed the check anyhow. Prior to my Biannual and tailwheel endorsement at Stick and Rudder this past April I have not flown in something like 25 years so I am not rushing this first flight. Once this thing has its inspection completed I will be attempting to get back to Stick and Rudder for another few hours of flight time in a Kitfox. Weather may not cooperate. In that case, I will look for some time in a Citabria here near home.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Getting close Eddie! I think your plan to do a few hours just prior to first flight in an identical plane is excellent! I flew from OZ to do just that and the first flight had no surprises at all.

best and looking forward to report!

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Thanks Ross. Crossing my fingers on the Boise trip as well as the uneventful first flight.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

My Tech Counselor / DAR wants the fuel tanks labeled with type of fuel. I can get real wordy sometimes so I am wondering what people include on that placard. 91 to 100 octane, do I include Decalin requirements? etc, etc. I don't want a whole paragraph if you know where I am coming from.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Min. 91 Oct.
    13 gals.

I like gallons on mine too but sounds like your DAR doesn’t care about gallons.
    No need to mention additives at all.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear