Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 120 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

Looks really secure. Thank you much

There are several ways of routing the pitot and AOA tubing, but I ran mine out to the wingtip and then thru the inside of the rear spar to the cabin area. Seems like a long ways, but remember pitot and AOA measures air PRESSURE only; there is no air FLOW to generate losses. I also used some lightweight automotive split plastic corrugated wire loom to protect the tubing and wiring inside the rear spar (rivets and I-beam insert).
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Saturday, I had written that I was told to expect my shipment from Oratex in 2-3 weeks. This was from last Tues. (9/6) when I confirmed payment. Well I received the package this morning. Not too shabby in my book.

Rick

I'm jealous. I paid for mine on June 26th, just before they took off for Oshkosh. Still nothing but it's due today.

Ok. I called Paul at Oratex this afternoon. He thought he had sent the quote. I got it this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to find the quote marked down from the original rough estimate.
    Eddie

Im trying to maximize my order and shipping from Kitfox. I am looking at the Whirlwind propeller (I won't need it for awhile) but I am unsure as to what the difference is between the 70" and 75" blades. Whirlwind does not display what the difference would be. Seems all the information they provide is identical for the two except the length. How would the weight be identical? Can someone educate me as to why I might buy one or the other? Oh, of course the cost is different. $1650 vs $1825

generally, the longer the blades, the more efficient the prop is bu I think the larger prop is for the turbo rotax. call kitfox to be sure.

Allright, this does not seem right. The manual does not depict the airframe in the figure so I am unsure as to which side to route the brake lines. This seems like its a bit crowded and IMHO is where the definition "Chafing" would be developed. The lines are all laid up against airframe, floor and springs? I don't have the firewall but it seems from what photos Ive looked at that the firewall would mandate that these brake lines route through here with no other options.
    Guidance is appreciated. I have noticed that the factory put an anti chafe cover over the tubes but I cant see behind the center console to see whats going on here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, that is the area you must route the brake lines. As the manual says, use generous loops, etc. so the lines don't pull tight at the extremes of motion, including pedal adjustment extremes. When you get all the lines routed you will see that they don't move much as you actuate the pedals. I believe chafing will be very minimal. Here is how I did mine.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Here is another one showing a better view up under the console to the parking brake valve.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS