Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 104 of 120 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1196

Thread: EFWD Build

Smile Re: EFWD Build

Looks Like a lot of fun Eddie! Glad you are taking full advantage of your time off. Camarillo looks nice. I never knew. We'll have to visit together once my plane is done.

I think I know your word of choice, but there are still several that meet that description that I've resorted to. Can you be more specific?:):)

Default Re: EFWD Build

I look forward to that day.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Stumbled onto a couple things yesterday flying out to Camarillo then back home. Got a shot of the Hollywood sign and then the fire that is currently burning here in the Valley. This pic was taken only about 2 to 2.5hrs after it started. Still raging 24hrs later.IMG_5151.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Hello all. Im looking to use a different product here so Im putting the question out to see if anybody has already found something that stays put. The 1" wide foam tape that was called for where the turtle deck meets the fabric around the perimeter has migrated forward along the trailing edge of the turtle deck. This will be the second time I am replacing that foam. The adhesive is just too soft. It does a good job staying on the plexiglass but the foam migrates forward from what I assume is the air pressure that builds up behind it. Given all the leaks inherent with our plane I could actually remove it entirely I suppose but the plexiglass will then, likely chaf on the fabric. Anybody using something else that stays put?
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Try Weldwood Contact Cement. Apply to both surfaces, let it dry, when you put the two pieces together, they will stay bonded on contact.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I’ve had the same issue, Eddie. I think that where it’s located, with the plastic & the sun beating down, the adhesive is softened by the heat as well as what you said. I tried some thin silicone rubber foam tape, but don’t know how well it will hold up either... so far so good, but adhesives used with silicone rubber aren’t the strongest in my experience, so I don’t have a lot of hope. Ralph’s suggestion is good if it doesn’t look too ugly through the plastic, & doesn’t attack it.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

I won't install the turtle deck until the plane is moved to the hanger and assembled in a two or three weeks. Wouldn't contact cement be too permanent of a solution or is it really not useful to remove the turtle deck for baggage access? The instructions mention a 2"-3" fabric tape over the turtle deck angle piece. Are you also using a tape for chafe protection along the sides of the turtle deck?
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

The foam tape is attached to the plexiglass so that when the turtle deck is in place the foam acts as a seal/chaf protection. We are speaking of securing the tape to the plexiglass and not to the airframe fabric. The turtle deck is removable. I have the foam tape installed all the way around the plexiglass on three sides that contact the airframe fabric and I do not have any addtl anti chaf tape on the airframe fabric.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I never installed the foam tape. I put a thick clear tape (origin unknown), around the perimeter. Never a problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind