Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 101 of 120 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1196

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

Allow me to first apologize for bringing a subject up in a forum where we are supposed to find solace. I notice, as of yet, nobody has done it. And, I can't help but notice that the traffic here has slowed just when I am visiting more frequently. Im in California so Im locked down except for work. Please understand that it is because I care, And I suppose maybe a little bit fearful as possibly some of you may be as well. Many of you here are elderly and for you, the purpose for this post . On the positive side, Im motivated by the desire to put some levity in our predicament. Im attaching a link to an MDs VLOG because he is pretty good at addressing the Covid 19 situation with clarity and, quite frankly, honesty. If you are offended by profanity, disregard. It happens to be my language and perhaps why I love this guy, besides the great presentation of facts interspersed with humor. I binge watched the news on my day off (which could be a rare occasion soon) and I can tell you that you shouldn't do that. It will have you thinking the end is near. I am a Nurse Anesthetist and am on the team who will be intubating patients more frequently than I already do and for much longer hours than usual. My "Midlife Crisis" isn't yet put back together after the annual but no harm there since Im "grounded". If you are in a large city, expect things to get similar for you as they are for me (lock down). Might I suggest you start with ZdoggMD March 16th YouTube post if you are so inclined. He posts regularly and you might benefit from his approach to information dissemination. Im so tired of our media sparring with the politicians over this and everything else. Ill leave the educating to the VLOG and spare you of a greater length post. Here's to you and your families health, sanity and economic well-being. We will be challenged but we will, once again, be free to fly, among other things. Sorry, There isn't a toasting beer mug emoji to attach. Maybe Larry or Steve could add one. Cheers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8I2ksgXTrk
    Last edited by efwd; 03-21-2020 at 10:42 AM.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Back to Kitfox stuff. I always enjoy when someone posts clips of the flying they do. I chopped up some video tonight of a 1.5hr flight I did this evening. This is a typical evening flight for me. 6 min long video.
    https://youtu.be/DDtRcZsXD4A
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thanks for the pretty evening flight Sir. 😀 Good to see you airborne again.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

That was nice, Eddie! That’s sure a big ol’ ocean!
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Very nice, love the water sunset shots. What was your approach speeds and stall numbers on that first landing? Looked like the roll our was very short.

Thanks Eddie. Keep posting them. Gives me something to look forward to. Huntington Beach. Was down there two years ago for the Factory Five Cruise in. My car was just complete and there were over 100 cobras there. Fantastic place for that kind of gathering. Usually end of April but moved this year to Sept. 12th. Factory shows up with all their stuff and its a major event. Thinking about going. You close by there or to far away for a quick visit? Wouldn't bring my car this year as I'll be hot and heavy into a kitfox build. Be great to see your plane and pick your brain about your build. Main Street Huntington Beach with the owner of Factory Five. Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SomeDay7; 05-12-2020 at 07:57 AM.
    Starfox

Hi Jim
    Just 25 miles away. Let me know if you come down. If this event takes place I will definitely check it out. I just got my Factory Five Catalog this past Friday.
    Eddie
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Shoot, didn't see the other three post until now. Yeh Steve, my inspection had me down for about a month. John, I am fixing to venture out 25 miles over that stuff to Catalina Island when things open back up. I get a lot of weird feelings as I get off shore even though I know I can reach the beach if needed. Jim, I had about 15mph headwind. I had 20gal of gas on board. Im aiming to get stopped early enough that I can just kick the tail and take the absolute first taxiway to get off using an ever so short back taxi. Headwind will be necessary but as it was yesterday I had my airspeed down about 55mph over the threshold. I did a bit better the day before as I was lighter. I got it stopped with the tailwheel still on the numbers. I was stoked but then extrapolated by looking at an overhead image of the runway and found I was still at about 400ft. I have been reading a little on backcountry flying. My approaches need to be worked on. When I flew with Paul at Stick and Rudder, I always had difficulty holding off with the flare. I was always too early. If I get this plane down between 50 and 55 it is like an elevator. It still floats a bit in ground effect. I would love to experience what Dustins plane will do with the STi wings.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Interesting that you mentioned
    Catalina Island. Last night I was going over VFR mastery in Pilot workshops.com. It was about Foggy Catalina scenario. Had a lot of what you were just talking about in that scenario.
    Starfox

Eddie it looks fun. So Cal in the evening......pretty nice. Looking forward to your adventures out to Catalina. I kind of know how you will feel flying over the open ocean. Flying over parts of Utah backcountry, if you have a problem your aircraft is getting damaged. Glad to hear you have an AOA. Its one of the most useful tools. I love the Garmin AOA and it audio warnings. Really helps you fly slow and know how close you are to the edge.

Eddie do you have VGs? If you don't, I highly recommend them. It will help you get slower on your approach, which will get you shorter landings.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!