I had a flat this morning. I had just landed for the second time and was taxiing back to go out again when my right tire suddenly went flat. I got off the taxiway and got a buddy to bring a dolly and we towed it back to my hanger and pulled the wheel off. The inner tube had a tiny hole. I didn't notice anything wrong when I landed but it must have been leaking and I only noticed when it broke its bead. Sure glad I didn't land on a flat tire. Air pressure was fine when I did my preflight. I didn't find anything in the tire that caused a puncture. Anyway, I went to my aircraft parts supplier, NAPA, and bought an inner tube repair kit. Question number one, is it a good idea to patch it? I know it's probably better to buy a new tube but one look at the prices in the Spruce catalog gave me second thoughts. Question number two: When I pulled the tube out and was feeling around for some sharp object inside the tire I found something called a balance pad. I hadn't seen one of those before and neither had my A&P buddy. The pad wasn't glued in but it probably was at some point. Anybody seen one of these before? No big deal, just new to me. Question number three: I have a model 4 with a Grove gear and it has all the Speedster options. The wheels are not the 6x6 on most Foxes. The inside width on mine is only about 2 3/4 inches and the total outside is 4 inches. I'm currently running 600x6 tires. I guess there's no way those 22 inch Dessers I've been lusting over will work on those narrow wheels, huh? Some good news though. I tried out the new Matco 8" pneumatic tailwheel. It felt great! Thanks, James THomas