Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Fuel Fitting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Fuel Fitting

Hey Dave.
    Your very observant. I have spoke with John about what happened here. I have bonded the #1 rib in. I walked away and gravity pulled the rib slightly cockeyed as the adhesive dried. The result was that the top of the capstrip was then tight up against the Butt rib with no gap and in fact was flexing a bit. On the top What you see is the 1/16th inch gap called out in the manual, ( some places slightly larger as I was using a dremel to try to open it up ). If your speaking specifically of the bottom cap strip, then I guess I will need to close it up slightly. Are these gaps not covered by anything when done. I thought that the Plexiglass will be over the top gap at least. I know I have a problem when it comes to the Flapperon bracket that will go onto the trailing edge of that rib. The rib is true front to back but I am going to have to shim up the slight tilt. It has been suggested I might bust out that rib and replace. John did feel that shimming it up would likely suffice but he left that up to me. I have no problem getting the trailing edge aluminum on it as it is but I know that bracket will be out of line if I dont shim it. My plan was to get a piece of thin birch laminate, glue it in and sand it down to level. I hate to Jerry rig anything, especially and airplane but most of the time something I find I screwed up somebody always has a fix that is exceptable and less costly in cash and time. Any advice is very welcome. I am not apposed to ripping that rib out but that then impacts the butt rib as it was placed based on the position of rib #1.
    Attached Images Attached Images