Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mcfarlane throttle

Default Re: Mcfarlane throttle

Thanks for the reply. It's always made sense to me because thats the way rotax sets them up. My last 7 did not utilize the springs and worked great.
    I tried the springs on this one and it was like pulling a garage door shut on throttle. I see Mcfarlane provides less pull springs. The one I ordered is a MCTV0005D048 should be good to go.

I bought both the medium and the light McFarlane throttle springs for the 912. I tried both and definitely like the lightest ones the best.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Not sure what springs they send with unit do you have a part number for the lighter springs? Will I be able to set it up appropriate with springs they provide?

Not sure what you mean by "they" provide. Rotax provided springs are quite heavy. Don't have part numbers, but if you go to the McFarlane website for Rotax 912 parts, you will see that they offer two throttle springs-get the lightest one in my opinion.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "they" provide. Rotax provided springs are quite heavy. Don't have part numbers, but if you go to the McFarlane website for Rotax 912 parts, you will see that they offer two throttle springs-get the lightest one in my opinion.
    I ordered the throttle and was wondering what springs come with the Mcfarlane cable. It actually ships with 2 springs that have lighter pull than the Rotax and conduits. You mentioned even a lighter spring and that is what I was referring to. Thanks for your help here....

after flying with a push pull cessna type throttle and trying to find the sweet spot. this mcfarlane is the answer. i used the light duty srings to assist and what a breeze.Actually fly and apply friction and still use the veneer feature.
    Super nice to find that sweet spot in throttle settings. Higly recommend. I purchased from CPS Chief no longer sells them. A bit more money but I got it.
    Any questions ask...

We installed a McFarlane vernier throttle in my 7SS project. It comes with a set of the lighter springs for the Rotax. Seems to be a very high quality item. Needed to trim about 1 foot of the cable shroud to fit. Use caution not to pull the throttle handle out too far before trimming cable shroud. Little parts will fall out of the throttle mechanism. Not hard to put back together as long as no little parts are lost. Used a dremel with a cut off wheel to very carefully cut through the cable shrouds at the desired lengths and not nick the cables inside.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Anyone interested in a Vernier throttle cable off a model 7? It has the push button and twist adjustment. I bought a different one . It worked but I was not used to the button. I see McFarlane has a rebuild kit for it available as it is about 14 years old.

If you would have asked me two weeks ago I would have been all over that as I just bought a cable in that time!
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Anyone interested in a Vernier throttle cable off a model 7? It has the push button and twist adjustment. I bought a different one . It worked but I was not used to the button. I see McFarlane has a rebuild kit for it available as it is about 14 years old.
    Yes I am interested in the Throttle Cable. I'll send you a PM
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV