My main concern was where to break the system to measure flow. Thanks for providing that detail Eddie.

I assumed the purpose of a fuel flow test, in a build that exactly follows the factory instructions, would be to discover any leaks or restrictions from debris. With this in mind, trying to position the airplane at the highest climb angle + 5 degrees seems a bit extreme. The EAA Flight Test Manual references the fuel system testing in FAA AC 90-89B. EAA goes on to say, "In some cases where it is unsafe to ground-test your aircraft in the proper climb attitude AND you have built your fuel system EXACTLY to an already-proven design, you may perform this test at another attitude, at your discretion. Regardless, expect your DAR to ask you for your records of these tests."

I'll measure flow in a level attitude to make sure there are no restrictions. Then I'll give some consideration to digging a hole for the tail to sit in. "Yep, here are the numbers right here in the build log." Fuel tests and POA handbooks are starting to seem like unicorns.

Reviewing the Kitfox instructions reminded me to double check that the hoses from the wings to the header tank run continuously downhill.