Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: First, Build a Shed

Default Re: First, Build a Shed

Thanks Rick. I couldn't find them
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

They are there Carl, just like Rick said.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/index.php/paint-templates

Carl,

The link above should get you to the right page. Scroll down past the photo of the Kitfox and click on “S7 Super Sport” and the 3 view drawings should open for you.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thanks for the help guys. I should have said, "Thanks Rick, I wasn't able to find them until you pointed out where to look." I downloaded from his location and am happily playing in Photoshop.

Sorry for the added confusion.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Slow work through the holidays, an hour here, an hour there. The Firewall Forward work is complete with the exception of adjusting the cowling Cam Locks a few dozen more times. My kit has the angled oil cooler fittings. When they came out of the bag, it was hard to rotate the barbed part. Now that they've been pulled and tugged to install the press to lock hose, they are much looser. In fact, despite being tightened securely to the oil cooler, I can hold the hose and wobble both fittings a little. Is this normal or is something wrong and I'm going to be leaking oil here?

A very respected area DAR gave a presentation on the steps to certification to a local EAA group. He has inspected over 950 planes and is hoping to hit 1000 before completely retiring. Nice to have the process plainly explained and to meet such a nice, encouraging gentleman. As you can imagine, he is very organized. "Register your airplane, send me the number, I'll send you a packet of forms and hold your hand through the process." He told some interesting stories of situations, or mistakes, he's seen over the years. Most common: lock nuts not tightened, missing placards, trim tab direction reversed. One great suggestion was to get your plane ready for inspection, invite some flying friends over to the hanger for burgers, hand them pads of paper, and have them go over the plane.

Monday is a big event. We'll be closing on the sale of our old house. Maintaining an empty home, mowing a second yard, wondering if the overnight storm blew down the tired back fence, has really gotten old. It will be a big relief to have it gone.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Hey Carl, good to hear your unloading some of your work that is your old residence. I believe I have play in my fittings as well. No leaks. I aim to fly this evening around sunset. I will double check them and let you know.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

The Firewall Forward is mostly complete with the exception of prop, exhaust, and the seemingly never ending fiddling with the cowling - tweaking Cam Locks, another pass at fairing the sides of the scoop, and so on. The project has changed from turning to the next page in the manual to working down a ToDo List of final steps. Still plenty to do before moving to the hanger for final assembly, but the overall task list fits on a single page. Still the mysteries of fitting the windshield and turtle deck. And painting of bits not covered in Oratex is going to be a learning experience.

Time to join AOPA and go through their online "Rusty Pilot" school. And, with the weather improving, I'll make a few trips to an FBO over in Dallas who uses a Kitfox for tail dragger instruction.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

You’re doing good Carl. Keep after it. So worth it.😀

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I feel your pain with the cowl Carl, seems like a never ending job to get it where we are happy with the results. Looks like you have a good chance of having your bird in the air this year, keep forging ahead.

Awesome. I agree there is so much fiddling. The windshield too. I managed to have mine cut and pre-fit without breaking it (so far). Turtle deck is up next. I'm not sure what I'm going to do there. Still deciding if I use the older 6 version or try to make my own fully from lexan. I did the paint on my non-oratex parts just before xmas. It's all about the prep work to make sure you get all the pinholes in the fiberglass. I used aeroglo with a flattening agent to try and match the black and orange oratex. The color match was perfect, but it didn't come out quite as flat as I wanted. But it's not bad.
    912 IS
    Airmaster Prop
    Garmin Stack
    C-FKLO