Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: First, Build a Shed

Default Re: First, Build a Shed

Hey Carl, looking good. If I were home I could give you the spar centres for you to finish your rotisserie but I'm in Toronto. Same for the fuse measurements. I would advise you that if you decide to go with the fuselage rig, put the rear support further aft as there is in aluminum tube that gets installed under neath the fuselage and terminates roughly a foot from the back of plane. I just think you might not want that aluminum tube supporting the weight of the plane.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

The spar centers from the model 1 to 4 are 27 1/2". Center to Center. I believe the later models are the same. Jim Chuk

Thanks for the spar measurements. I'll probably wait until the wings arrive, place the support boards against the spar ends, draw circles, and then cut holes for the PVC tubes. Just being paranoid about getting things "just so".

After Esser's comment about an aluminum tubing running through the area of support shown in the earlier fuselage rotisserie, I kept looking for other ideas. JohnB showed a very clean looking design in the thread linked below. I'll try to contact him for measurements and to identify that mount attached to the plywood on the nose.

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/sho...age+rotisserie
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

This morning Michael Rabe and his dog Bear (Partain Transport) delivered my Kitfox! While Bear romped in the back yard with one our dogs, Michael coached a neighbor and me through the unloading. I knew of Partain's reputation for taking good care of aircraft but it was nevertheless impressive to see how carefully everything was packed and how methodical Michael was with unloading.

Thanks to the forum the pre-build wings fit perfectly on their rotisseries and the fuselage will be mounted on one in short order. Brandon produced another pair of beautiful wings. The factory did a great job securely padding and wrapping everything for shipping. Debra McBean's suggestion of flat black power coating is very pleasing.

The picture makes things look crowded but it's a 3-car garage and there will be plenty of room once things are organized. Heat index of 108 this afternoon here in East Texas but the newly air conditioned garage was a comfortable 78.

I am very happy with my decision to build a Kitfox!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Enjoy the build Carl. Nice shop.
    Brandon does build a nice wing. Probably the most requested option and you can see why.
    Best of luck. Send up white smoke signals if you get stuck on some part of the build.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Smile Re: First, Build a Shed

Awesome Cherrybark. I also have the flat black. I like it but its like a chalk board when you start putting the seat pan in and out. Mask the surrounding structure to avoid it. I saw a frame at the factory masked off when I toured and quickly understood why the tape was there once I started work in that area.

Very nice suggestion to mask the area. Thanks for passing that along.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

You did make a great decision in getting a Kitfox. Enjoy the build and don't be afraid to ask questions on the forum. There are a lot of people here that can help you when you need some help. It is also possible to find a wealth of data by doing searches.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Hi Carl! It was my pleasure to build your wings and help your dream come true. I'm glad you're happy with them!

Brandon

Nice to have you stop by Brandon. While contemplating the upcoming work on the tail feather ribs, it occurred to me that Kitfox needs to have a video of Brandon teaching how to do such beautiful work. If you'll get right to it, I'll put off the work for a couple of days...
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X