Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Mounting battery - PC680 and box

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mounting battery - PC680 and box

Anyone else have the Odyssey PC680? The PC680 and box are bigger than stock and I'm curious how the rest of you mounted yours. In the same position (top of firewall, starboard side) it covers up a firewall pass through, no big deal, I can drill another. But mounting it with clamps seems troublesome. The box has brackets on the side I could easily match drill for screws and anchor nuts. Flush rivet the anchor nuts to the cabin side of the fuselage and screw the box through the firewall to those. It would have 6 screws and be resting on a piece of the engine mount. Sturdy enough? Or does it have to be clamped to fuselage tubing?

I've attached a couple quick photos. You seen in one pic where it would rest, basically the same position as stock except wider. The other pic you can see the through hole I would be covering up and see the mounting holes in the box's brackets. Three down each side.
    Attached Images Attached Images