Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Door hinges

Default Door hinges

Good Morning
    Can anyone advise me on the installation of the door Hinges. I have made the hinges and see that the note in the manual states that the wings butt ribs have to be installed before "final" installation of the door hinges. Does Final mean during the final assembly phase. Can I mark and drill the hinges and install them but then remove them until final assembly when the butt rib is in place or shall I postpone the hinge install until after I have the butt rib installed?
    Thanks
    Eddie

Default Re: Door hinges

Definitely wait until the butt ribs are installed in their final position and riveted in. The reason is that the steel tab that the hinges attach to must be slightly bent up (in many cases) to be flush with the underside of the butt rib. This tab is then riveted to the butt rib lower flange. Now its all in final position and you can install door hinges.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Default Re: Door hinges

Thank You Again Jim!