Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Oil Pressure Sender 912ULS

Default Oil Pressure Sender 912ULS

I apparently have a current sending unit that requires 12V power. Does anyone know how much current it draws? I can't find it specified in the 912ULS installation manual.

Thanks
    Tom Livermore
    SS7 912ULS

Exclamation Re: Oil Pressure Sender 912ULS

Info below found on our good friends MGL's website regarding the newer Rotax oil pressure sender. The "RDAC" refered to is their engine sensor processing unit for their specific brand of iEFIS products. It sems the earliest versions of this newer design were made by Honeywell and Rotax replaced it sometime in 2013 with the Keller design. Hope this helps:

"The Rotax Oil Pressure Sensor is designed to output current proportional to the pressure being measured. The sensor will output 4mA at 0 bar, and 20 mA at 10 bar. The pressure sensor has two wires: one White and one Red wire. The Red wire must be connected to the battery positive (+12-30Vdc). The White wire is the signal output and goes to the RDAC."
    index Rotax oil pres. sender.jpg

"NOTE: In mid 2013 Rotax introduced new oil pressure sensor by Keller. It has the same 4-20mA output and wiring of the Honeywell sender, but is sometimes delivered without the connector terminated:"

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Oil Pressure Sender 912ULS

Thanks for the help.

Tom

DF4 - I've just started wiring the engine and have been spending quite a bit of time unscrambling the mysteries of ACS switch vs. separate ignition switches and understanding the vagaries of wiring different oil pressure sending units. This post saved my day and I just wanted to bring it back to the surface with a big thanks.

BTW - for those that will be wiring their GRT EIS to a 912uls, seek out the "Figure 5a-Connector A Wiring for Model 4000/6000/9000 Honeywell Oil Pressure" sheet and this post and that document should be our answer.

Glad it helped.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear