Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox 1 linkage question

Default Kitfox 1 linkage question

Hi guys, last fall I picked up a Kitfox 1 project that needed some TLC. I'm doing that now. In going over the plane, I came across this bunch of washers on the linkage just downstream of the joysticks. The next control rod downstream from this 90 degree one has quite a bit of threads showing on both ends as well. It's as if the joysticks are mounted to far towards the passenger side of the plane. They look like they are in the right place though. I don't have a build manual for it. My Avids are built pretty much the same way, but sure don't have that big stack of washers. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Jim Chuk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Kitfox 1 linkage question

Here are a duple of photos from my Model 2 that may give you some ideas.
    Jim
    Jim Corner
    KF2 582 1150 hrs
    KF5 O-360 1150 hrs

Default Re: Kitfox 1 linkage question

Thanks for the pictures Jim. Found out that the problem was the pivot bolt for the bellcrank was to close to the left side of the plane. The seat truss had been changed out to a Kitfox 4 truss, and apparently the brackets are located closer to the side of the plane in the Kitfox 4 than the Kitfox 1. Moved it over to where it should be and now things seem to be the way they should be. Can't do the final adjustments till I have both wings on and unfolded. That will be a while. In the meantime, I will work on other things in the plane that need attention. First picture is showing measurement from inside of longeron to pivit bolt, second one it today after the remodel. Jim Chuk