Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2j4

Default Re: 2j4

Lowell,

Sincerely glad I could help...looking forward to your u-Tube posts when they are ready.

Chatfield is an excellent but underutilized grass strip. More people should go there....we'll even let people who don't fly kitfoxes land there...it's plenty long and has an excellent surface.

You know, there is a great deal of truth in your comment regarding not making reservations when flying out....being a gypsie is so much more fun and you can take all the side trips you want when something interesting shows up. I know I need to do more since we have an appropriate set of lightweight camping gear and decent tiedowns + aircraft cover now - with food on board we could easily travel & camp out of the plane for a week without seeing a store of any kind.

Your work with your video materials is a great source of interest and motivation.
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

Dave,
    Thanks for your help and comments. I guess if there are any regrets, it is that we didn't focus more on the Kitfox guys out there on the way to Osh. Then again, I was pretty much the only list or forum guy in the group. Some of us still talk of doing it again, but of the original 8 to Oshkosh, one sold his Kitfox, one sold his Rans S-6 and now flies a Glastar - behind the power curve if he flew with us again, another got married and that rightfully became his focus. Two moved out of state and one now sells Zippers. That leaves me and my buddy who now lives just down the street in our airpark Both of us are now closer to 100 than to 50 so the inevitable passage of time has a way to modify our dreams and goals.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Time and gravity are not our friends