Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Facet fuel pump

Default Facet fuel pump

I put a facet fuel pump under my center console. Im just looking at the instructions that came with it and it says a fuel filter is required to be attached to the inlet port. Have others done this? Specifically, have others put this filter directly onto the inlet port of the pump? Ive already made my hardline connection under there and i dont want to have to maintaine a filter in that location. Thanks, ken

Default Re: Facet fuel pump

I've got inline fine mesh strainers in the feed from the wing tanks to the header. No filter directly in front of the Facet.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Hi Ken,

I did the same.......mounted the Facet under the front of the console....I did consider the filter statement in the instructions for the Facet and decided I did not want to install any filters between the wing tanks and the Facet. Also have the finger strainers in the the wing tanks; and, in my opinon, the header tank does a good job of providing a settling tank. Other than the Facet, my fuel system is exactly as the construction manual indicated.

I can see where a filter would be a good choice in a system that had no finger strainers and no header tank (such as an automotive application).

To date I have not a had any problems with the Facet....pressure checks and flow rate checks have always been correct and stable. Aircraft has been flying since 2009.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF 7 trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive

Perfect. Thanks for the responses.

A filter and magnet fitted after the facet pump is the recommendation here.
    You will be surprised how much metal(that could potentially damage the rotax diaphragm)will buildup.