Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Model 1 mass balancer weights

Default Model 1 mass balancer weights

I'm needing to install the mass balancers on flaberons and can't find where they mount and how to mount. Anyone have the specs they could share? Mike, Model 1 serial #234

Default Re: Model 1 mass balancer location

Quote Originally Posted by mike@waco View Post
    I'm needing to install the mass balancers on flaberons and can't find where they mount and how to mount. Anyone have the specs they could share? Mike, Model 1 serial #234
    I placed mine in the center.

Default Re: Model 1 mass balancer weights

The counter weights on my Model 3 are about a foot in from the tip of my wing.
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

on my model 3, they were installed incorrectly. mine are mounted about a foot from the end of the flaperon on each wing. When the wings are folded, they hit each other, keeping the wings from actually coming completely together.

I am not the builder, and thought that it was supposed to be that way. One day I was looking through the build manual, looking for something else and ran across the directions for mounting them.
    They are supposed to staggered by about 6" (one is to be 12" from the end and the other one about 6"from the end). I can't remember the exact measurements, but could find them the next time I get out to the hanger.

If you would like to know the measurements for the model 3, let me know and I'll dig it out.

Louie

I went out to the plane and found the page of the build manual that describes mounting the mass balance system.

I scanned it and I hope that I can get it attached here, if not I can email it to you.

I was a little off on the dimensions but now we have the correct info.

This is for a Model 3, so I am not sure if it is the same as yours.

Louie
    Attached Images Attached Images