Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Desser airtrac 850x6-6 tread tires

I recently bought new 850x6-6 treaded tires from Kitfox for my 7 SuperSport and really like them. Tough enough for paved and off field flying in Arizona. About 19 lbs total heavier than the 600x6-6 but I didn't notice much performance change. Lost about 2 mph in cruise. Takes just a slight more nose up trim on takeoff and climb out.
    Landing on uneven dirt/ gravel etc. is way smoother. The sight picture change wasn't much different. I use 15 psi and don't have any bounce problems worse that the 600x6 tires at 18 psi. After several landings I was very comfortable in all winds and conditions.
    Braking is slightly less effective using grove brakes, but I like it better that way.
    On wheel landings, the heavier tires do take more energy to start turning and need vigilance on maintaining a straight track, but nothing considered difficult.
    Thanks Deb and John for recommending these tires. They look like they belong on a Kitfox.

i did several dirt landings and an asphalt landing with these 850x6-6 tires and still can't figure out anything unpleasant about them. I think they work good for me so far. Using 15 psi. I put it on you tube if interested and would like my take on them. Enjoy
    http://youtu.be/bdzzwlKUb88
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob
    S-7 Super Sport, Flying
    Phoenix,AZ