Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coolant gate valve needed to shutoff cockpit heater

Default Re: Coolant gate valve needed to shutoff cockpit heater

Quote Originally Posted by Mcslamma View Post
    Some pics of my cabin heat/ Valve plumbing..I can reach shut off under panel, but leave it off for summer, and on for winter mostly.. Changing engine mount currently, plus not to much snow this winter, hence no ski flying
    Where did you get those black valves?

I bought ones like in that Summit link and I don't think I like them. They are really heavy and take a lot of revolutions to open and close.

I bought a heater control valve from the parts store. It was for a mid 70's Dodge pickup. It is plastic, 1/4 turn ball valve that I control by attaching a choke cable from the panel to the valve. Works great.

Louie

Quote Originally Posted by gregsgt View Post
    Where did you get those black valves?

I bought ones like in that Summit link and I don't think I like them. They are really heavy and take a lot of revolutions to open and close.
    The one in my pics came from Volvo const. equipment Loader, I have had them so long, and knew one day it would come in handy. I work on heavy equipment, The part number was not clear on package, but I will try and obtain it. There will be a Volvo equipment dealer near you. I think it might be L.B Smith possibly, anyway, hand operated, rugged, simple..1/4 turn from full on to full off.