Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Cable guide bushings

Default Cable guide bushings

I am fairly new to the forum and this is my first post so if its messed up forgive me and let me know how to fix it the next time. I received my kit in January and thanks to all the info from you guys things have gone well. You can view my progress on Mykitlog.com under bholland or just search Kitfox and you will see my name there. I have a problem with my plastic cable guide bushings for the rudder cables. I installed them and they slid right in with no sanding, reaming etc. The problem is they are loose. I'm planning on using silicone to help hold them in place. Has anyone else had this issue and what did you do to resolve it? Thanks in advance, Brett

Default Re: Cable guide bushings

Hi Brett,
    Your post was just fine, & a good question. There is probably discusion of this issue if you do a search. My experience was just the opposite, as I actually had to ream the guides to remove the powder coating that was inside, and then sand the nylon tubing a little to get them to fit - tightly. I secured them with Hysol. I would rough up the surface of your tubes where they will be inside the guides, and use Hysol to secure them if I were you. That's how I'd do it. Someone else may have a better idea.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

I had some that were loose and others that were tight. Unless they were very tight, I roughed them up and used Hysol like John.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

hysol and heat them with a heat gun to straighten them out.

Thanks for the answers. Hysol it is!. I did use a heat gun and it worked great for straightening them out.

add some flox to that Hysol if they are real loose.
    Jim Morrison
    Maypearl, TX