Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to community!

Default Re: New to community!

Hey Eddie, you don't have to read the whole manual before you begin. In fact, it won't make sense and will be confusing. You won't retain what you have read anyway.

Just read the section you are about to do. So if you are going to install the rudder pedals, skim through the manual pertaining to the pedals. It still won't all make sense but it will give you an overhead view.

Congrats Eddie. Have fun with the build.
    The manual is pretty comprehensive. If in doubt, give the folks here a shout to keep you moving forward.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I grabbed a couple of smaller binders and split my manual into sections. I worked on wings, empennage, fuselage all at the same time in different areas of my hangar. When I mixed batches of hysol, I always had more things I could glue than I planned, so I never wasted glue.

I tended to read ahead. For instance when I was doing the pedals, I also looked at the firewall steps too. I purchased my fwf kit very early.

My plane is complete including wiring, engine, avionics in skeleton form. I ran out of good weather to cover last October so I kept going with things I could do in the winter.

It's snowing today but I hope to start covering soon.

Welcome!

I agree, reading the whole manual thru is really not necessary, but a quick skim does give you an overview of the whole process. I did get my manual about a month early and did enjoy reading thru it while waiting for the kit. Some parts can be a little intimidating the first time you see it, but on the whole the manual is so well written with drawings and diagrams I was actually encouraged by reading it. As I went thru it I was thinking, Hey I can do this!
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Thanks Everyone.
    Began the fuselage section this evening after putting some things on the walls and ceiling to get them out of the way. I have the Pre fab parts kit and right out the door found that one of the parts may not have been fabricated to completion. At least the part they show in the manual doesn't look like mine. LOL. It appears that I have a partially worked piece of raw stock. Here's to another good day tomorrow.