Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Lubrication

Default Lubrication

Getting to the point where I'll be attaching big parts and have a question on lube. Which is the preferred type/brand for areas like the elevator pivots?

Default Lps-2

For elevator pivots in particular, and flight controls in general, I think LPS-2 is a good option. I know most RV builders use it for all the rod end bearings in the control system -- it provides both lubrication and corrosion protection. The LPS family (1, 2, & 3) are great products for their intended applications. Here is the listing for them on the Spruce site.

What I'd like to know is what is the best lubrication for the Delrin blocks throughout the control system. Anyone have any good solutions for that? I'm thinking LPS-1 might work.
    Randy Lervold
    TeamKitfox.com Admin Emeritus
    Day job: www.dynonavionics.com

Default No dust collection

LPS 1 on all empenage "hinge" types will collect less dust and dirt than just about anything.
    It has to be re-applied frequently, which gives you a chance to inspect frequently. LPS 2 better lube but collects dirt, not good on "hinges".
    LPS 3, great rust protection, put it on a set of mics 20 years ago, they're still
    sticky.

Rocky Whitman
    Series 7 912s
    LPS lover