Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: After Market Fuel Injection

Default Re: After Market Fuel Injection

Hey Scott, did you have any issues with the exhaust system introducing fresh air while you were tuning your A/F? My friend made a good point about how a few of the exhaust components and stinger don’t do a super great job at sealing and could vary my results?
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

No problems tuning my EFI. The AFR was really stable and predictable. The quickest way I learned to get a consistent map was to tune it at each RPM setting that the Airmaster was set at. Just set the RPM at 5400 for example then adjust the throttle through its range and adjust the fuel in the map to get the desired AFR. 14.7 for max efficiency. 12.8 for high throttle settings and at Idol. Give me a call if you want to chat about my experience. Jason at Bad Ass would be a good resource also.

Good luck Josh.
    Scott Noble
    Kitfox SS7

It know this is a really old thread so I hope someone with experience will chip in (ESSER). Anyway I sold C-FOXK last fall and now with the covitt thing I am looking for a bit of a "project". I am looking at an a/c with a 912UL with an after market SDS EM4 fuel injection and a Garrett turbocharger. This was apparently installed for more power on floats.
    Anyone want to speak up that has knowledge about this combination.
    Cheers
    Don

Esser
    Do you have a fuel map from the SDS set up?