Rawheels:
I put my installation together just as you suggested. I originally purchased the complete engine conversion kit from Jerry at Green Sky Aviation. It was well done, but in the end I just couldn't accept the prop comming out of the cowling in the excessively high location. My reworked installation uses the Rotax 582 side rail mount and a 5/8" plate of aluminium. I rotated the PRSU 180 degrees to center the prop in the middle of the bump cowl. The oil tank fits on the left (pilot) side of the firewall with Aeroquip hoses routing under and around the mount.
The biggest challenges were modifying the intake tubes (cut apart and reweld at slightly different alignment to make the carbs miss each other) and refabricating the exhaust system to miss the Rotax mount. None of this was insurmountable, but was time consuming. I also TIG welded a bracket to hold the oil cooler just under the PRSU in a fashion similar to the Rotax 912 installs. The whole setup looks good and has been dry fit but not run. I've also not yet modified the bump cowl in the manner done by MnFlyer. The plane is currently apart and in the paint boot. I don't recall if I took any photo's, but I do have the AutoCAD drawing I made up of the mounting plate (that I suppled my friend who did the CNC work on the plate) and I'd be happy to share that drawing.

Ron Dundas A&P
Grass Valley, CA
RV6A & KFIII