Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: AeroVee

Default AeroVee

Has anyone considered or installed the AeroVee, which is commonly used on the Sonex? I'd appreciate any feedback on why this engine is not a consideration for the Model IV-1200. I'm researching reasonably priced and performance alternatives to my 582.

Default Re: AeroVee

Hi Lane, This was a discussion here not long ago. Try this thread:
    http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=69
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks Dan; should have searched first and thanks for your other reply also. I'm sure that I'll have lots of opportunity to research engines further at Oshkosh...

Hi 1st, unless your looking for more hp, HKS is an excellent engine I installed one 3.5 yrs / 348 hr. ago and the more I fly with it the better I like it. Cost of operating the HKS is 1/2 of what it costs for the 582, it is 60 hp which is within 2 hp of the 582 fuel consumption is 3 gph vs 4 to 4.5 for the 582 and it has a 1000 hr TBO. Per my cost figures the conversion cost me nothing after 275 hrs of operation.
    GB
    Flying a HKS Kitfox III and a Champ

Thank you. I partially built kit comes with a new 582 so I'm researching to see if an upgrade is reasonable for better overall performance.