Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trailering backwards

Default Re: Trailering backwards

Id like to see the inside of that trailer too.

Here's a photo before the outside skin was put on. There's a bracket (not shown here) that supports and fastens down the tail. This takes the weight off the tailwheel and prevents any movement up/down or sideways.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tommg 13780, That's the best inside of trailer picture I have ever seen. Any chance you have a pic of that tail support? Has anybody bowed out the sides in the area where the wings are? Sort of like a covered wagon. I have a Ram truck for a tow truck. I think my trailer hitch is high enough that the tail will not need to be raised to transfer the weight to the main gear. I think my trailer concept is coming together. I have learned the hard way that you never have a toy that you cannot trailer home when it breaks. My heart really goes out to Paul Z and the problems he is having with his plane.

I actually call mine " covered wagon". See my albums page.
    Cheers
    Don

Hi guys
    Finally took a pic of the panel we made to fill the turtle deck gap when trailering backwards. It fits snugly , velcro straps to the struts and the headache cross tube. Almost water proof unless in a downpour. Easy to make from Cordura.
    Don
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice. My wife needs to make one soon.

What model kitfox is the cover for? Any chance of some dimensions?

Hi neville
    Mine is made for a Vixen. I suggest just taking measurements across your turtledeck opening and then allowing about 2 inches for down the sides. I marked and cut holes to allow the attach points to project through the cover. The slots at the front allow the flapperons to project through. Fix strips of self-adhesive Velcro to the main headache tube and the two flaps on your cover. Sew the Velcro to the flaps.
    I could try for dimentions but you may be better off to just "custom fit" it to your aircraft.
    The Cordura is very tough and allows holes to be cut without the edges fraying. Although I don`t tow much any more it is handy just for protection if the a/c is stored folded.
    Have fun
    Don