Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox v compared to the S7?

Default Kitfox v compared to the S7?

Everyone, I am looking at a Kitfox v that is for sale. I am a 6'3" 185lbs and I have sat in a KF s7 with no problems. Is the cabin dimensions in a KF5 the same? Where can I get specs on the 5?

Thanks

Default Re: Kitfox v compared to the S7?

Durtracir,
    Look to the left side of this forum page labeled "Supporting Vendors", and click on the first one (top). This takes you to the Kitfox Aircraft site. On the left side go down to "Kitfox History". Click on that. All the info is there.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

They should be the same so you will fit just fine Barry unless someone installed thicker cushions. That would be an easy fix though.

By the way, welcome to TeamKitfox.com.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thanks for the input but I am still interested to find exact measurements of the KF5 to compare all aspects to the S7. I cannot find exact specs of the 5 on the KF website for comparison. I am looking at either building a s7 or buying a flying KF5.

Just call Kitfox. They are very helpful and friendly.

My understanding is that series 5 on up has the same interior dimensions.

Everything is exactly the same dimension wise. V's came with either tricycle or tail dragger and you couldn't convert from one or another. The trim was controlled by a trim tab built into the elevator instead of a movable horz stab. Early ones had thinner spar tubing limiting it to 1400lbs gross weight instead of 1550lbs.

There are other small things that others may chime in on but the SS7 is basically a V with more evolved features.

I have a KF V project that I purchased couple months back and I did a lot of checking to see if this airframe was different from what is currently available. From everything that I have read the V, 6, and 7 are pretty much the same. Most of the upgrades that are available on the 7 can be retrofitted to the V.
    Esser is correct that some V models have a lighter GW due to the spar wall thickness. The 1400 lb GW spar is .058" and the 1550 spar is .065".
    Mine has the stab trim vs the elevator trim tab. From what I have read this trim can be a bit touchy.
    The V cannot be swapped from TD to tricycle like the 6 and 7. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that but hey... whatever floats your boat!
    Regards
    Jeff

Thanks for all the input, I actually talked to a V owner at length today and learned a lot.