Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 582 Power Issue??

Default Re: 582 Power Issue??

One egt higher?
    If you don't have a fuel blockage the carb vent tubes would be my next easy item to eliminate as a possible cause.

Hi!

I think you have a problem with your pneumatic fuelpump, I would measure the fuelpressure between fuelpump and carbs.
    There you need 0,2 - 0,5 bar pressure during all rpm's. May be, you only need a rebuildkit for your Mikuni-Fuelpump or it's only dirty inside.
    Remove the bolts and make sure nothing dirt inside.

KLICK

If you haven't got these pressures, change (or rebuild) it or install a new one or install a electric pump like swordguy said.
    You have to ensure enough fuelpressure.

Olaf
    Last edited by Olle1975; 02-03-2016 at 04:35 AM.
    Olaf
    Bonn - Germany
    Kitfox III 582 GSC Prop
    Youtube-Channel

Just thought i'd let all know, i think i'm onto the lost rpm's issue. Problem kinda told on itself. With everything replaced involved in fuel supply from tanks to engine, and no results, I continued flying as I had enough rpms to solo. But noticed that my idle kept getting worse to the point of anything under 4000 rpms was shaking the airplane apart, (yes that bad). Makes for a tuff time landing worrying about engine dying. The carbs had been removed twice and gone through with nothing abnormal found. So decided to tie the plane off and try adjusting the idle jets (not the one the holds the barrel up). Got it tweeked to a smooth idle all the way down to 1900ish. Have had 7 take offs now with 6000 rpms and back to my 1000fmp climb out. No longer using installed electric back up fuel pump other than to prime the bowls to start the plane.

Hello!

I can't understand, may be I have translation problems but you can't adjust the idle jet, you could change it but no adjusting!?
    May be you adjust the airscrew for idle but it can't been your problem.
    What was the problem in your opinion?

Olaf
    Olaf
    Bonn - Germany
    Kitfox III 582 GSC Prop
    Youtube-Channel

Yea sorry I meant the air mixture jet. I think the original problem was that film I had on the Gascolator screen. But some where in the mix of replacing everything and cleaning the carbs those air mixture jets got out of sink enough to mess with max rpm ?? Like I mentioned the idle on power cut back for landing kept getting worse till I finally adjusted those air mixture jets to a smooth idle down to 1900rpm. Now the bad shaking is gone and my rpms are back. Time will tell if it lasts. Everything I had replaced, even the electric pump I installed for take offs, the cleaning of the carbs, nothing got my rpms back until I adjusted those air mixture jets? Can't explain it but man am I glad it worked, love having my short takeoff and 1000fpm climb out back.

Smile Re: 582 Power Issue??

I was having a loss of power issue and thought it was a fuel flow problem.
    After a lot of testing the fuel system I changed the spark plugs(at the suggestion of Rotax Rick) and it fixed
    the problem.

Yea you won't believe this but Rotax Rick can verify, after a year and a half of fighting with that issue, everything had been changed with no help. So I bought a new engine off Rotax Rick, 670, had the exhaust modified for the engine, even went with a brand new warp drive prop. Guess what, SAME PROBLEM! Under pitched the prop to 6800 static, so it would only drop off to 6300 to 6400 on roll out. Even the airplane mechanics locally are baffled. At least this 670 will climb out at 1100fpm, but i can only get about 85mph cruise cause the prop is under pitched. I am currently trying to find a IV or V so i can go to the 4 stroke.