I have a Dynon Skyview in my Kitfox with 912ULS engine. I use the Dynon EMS (engine management system) module with all Dynon supplied engine sensors for the Rotax engine. The amps sensor is a Dynon supplied shunt feeding into the EMS module. My amp readings on my Skyview engine page are always normal and consistent EXCEPT for one situation: When I press the push-to-talk button to transmit on my Garmin SL-40 radio, the amp readout goes wild showing negative values winding up to 40-50 amps! Of course these values can't be real and I have ignored them for 2 years now. It has done this since day one, and the readings immediately go back to normal after I quit transmitting on the radio. No breakers ever trip and no smoke or damage of any kind has occurred.

I submitted this "problem" to the Dynon tech support people and they think it is due to the RF energy from the radio interfering with the very sensitive ammeter sensor wires (unshielded). The sensor uses only a few millivolts/amp. My radio antenna is mounted on the bottom of the fuse and I use the hi quality RG400 coax cable from radio to antenna. This cable does run within about 6" of my EMS module. Dynon suggests I try moving the antenna cable routing farther away, but I am hesitating because it is not an easy job and that cable is very well shielded.

So here is the question for you electrical gurus out there: Have any of you heard of this before or known anyone who had to deal with it? What did they do, or what would you do. I am very strongly inclined to continue to ignore it as I have been for 2 years. Do you see any potential problem with doing that?