Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 2016 EAA AirVenture Oshkosh fly-in

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: 2016 EAA AirVenture Oshkosh fly-in

Hey what's wrong with engineers? . We just like the techie stuff. I liked seeing the Light Sport pattern in the video, it's better than looking at a so so sketch. Next time I'm landing at the UltraLight field.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Default Re: 2016 EAA AirVenture Oshkosh fly-in

The UL Runway is 1200' long. More than enough for a Kitfox of any model. The tricky part that I was trying to show in the video is that the approach is mostly hidden. You can't see the runway until you turn final for it, in either direction.

In the video I land from south to north (approximate runway 34) which, IMO, is the easier direction to land. The turn to final is only 20-30º, relatively open and slightly uphill.

Landing opposite (~16) is a 60-70º right turn to final, you need to be very low and slow, between trees, to a slightly down hill, short runway. In our planes that makes for mostly a blind turn to final. Do-able for sure, but definitely more tricky…

Be sure to study the NOTAM before you do the arrival. Everything is well laid out in it and easy enough to follow.

Practice, practice, practice.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos