Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morning Rocket Launch

Default Re: Morning Rocket Launch

Quote Originally Posted by cgruby View Post
    I worked as a Flight Controller at Johnson Space Center in Houston for 30 years all the way through the Gemini, Apollo and Space Shuttle era's. I got to the Cape one time during one of the Apollo Earth orbit test flights, to monitor some critical telemetry parameters we couldn't see in Houston. Well the booster took off and I never even heard it, much less saw it. I never ever got another chance to get down there during a launch. That's super you're so close. Thanks for the picture.
    As a kid my sister had a world globe with the Apollo orbits shown. Wish I had it now. Maybe you can explain this question. Why do they show orbits as a sine wave across the earth?
    Thanks,
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by beeryboats View Post
    As a kid my sister had a world globe with the Apollo orbits shown. Wish I had it now. Maybe you can explain this question. Why do they show orbits as a sine wave across the earth?
    Thanks,
    Jay
    Go Here!

Great info Tom. Enjoyed the tutorial