Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new twist on the wing folding discussion

Default Re: new twist on the wing folding discussion

I share a hangar at N. Las Vegas and I pay $250 a month. I too wish I had my own hangar but I can't afford the $500 or a month it would cost me. Storing my Kitfox on the ramp, even under the shade tie downs isn't an option for me in the LV Valley. I do have space on my property to store my KF with the wings folded, but I only live 15 minutes from the airport and like the spontaneity of being able to be wheels up in minutes from my home. There are many mornings when I will get up early (especially during the hot summers) and drive to the airport just to circle around the LV Valley sky's for a half hour or so. I doubt I would do this if I had to trailer and tow the KF for every flight.
    Michael Meyers
    KF IV
    Las Vegas, NV

This is exactly the kind of i'm looking for. thanks much

I currently pay $270 per month to keep my cherokee in a t-hanger. Not a bad price compared to others. But when i finish my kitfox i plan to sell the cherokee, stop renting the hanger, and trailer to and from the house for each flight. I have a large garage at home and look forward to "displaying" my pride and joy there. I also think i will get more nit pickey things done on it if its home. I can think of some cosmetic things id like to take care of on the cherokee but i hate working at the hot and dirty hanger. And i always forget some tool or somerhing from home that i need.

I agree 100%. Nothing beats being at home for all the little things. I'm thinking of building a 600 square foot shop for building and later "managing" my toys.