Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rudder trim

Default Re: Rudder trim

not only does these things work on the rudder. they will work on the ailerons. come on, admit it. you have a slight heavy wing. I do. I figure it's the force of the motor cus it is to the left. I'm going to take a small piece of balsa that I have, wedge, and put it under the right aileron. I put one on my rv. I really don't need it, but my trim I do have works dead center if I have it. it's really to offset for the wife not being in the plane. I take it off when she is with me. yes I have it taped on under the right side. easily taken off when she goes with me. so I'm going to take my extra piece and put it on the kitfox.

I should have looked harder at jiott's photo,I was wondering what the additional plate was for!
    I can't wait for the weekend and some good flying weather to try some of these ideas .

"I put one on my RV"

Does that make it go down the highway straight?

P.S. You'd better be careful with the wife's weight comments

depends on what rv you are talking about. I have the 6wheel version as well as the 3 wheel. the 3wheel rv is very sensitive to weight. burning 5 gallons of fuel can cause wing heavy. I try to keep fuel equal. she knows all this and it doesn't bother her on that comment. or the fact that I pull the wedge when we both go flying. she's a good girl

I got the heavy duty automotive double stick trim tape at an auto body supply shop. It is the same stuff Kitfox sells for sticking the bubble doors to the aluminum frame.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Just strap a 1x4 to the sole of your left shoe. Then your feet will be even!

😜

Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox View Post
    I taped a wedge that I bought from somewhere, can't remember. you can also make your own out of balsa wood and tape it in place....
    On this advice I ordered one of these. The full size works perfect for my plane. With the 582 it needs to be on the right side. It can hardly be seen on the rudder. I like this much better than using a spring on the rudder pedal that had been suggested to me. The avery wedge is 3/8 inch thick so it may need to be a little larger than if you make one out of wood and use the 1/2 inch suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    I got the heavy duty automotive double stick trim tape at an auto body supply shop. It is the same stuff Kitfox sells for sticking the bubble doors to the aluminum frame.
    I bought a roll of it at NAPA for less than $5.

In terms of effectiveness how would you rate this system

I'm very happy with it. In smooth conditions it now flies basically feet off and hands off. Before this my left leg was very tired after an hour flight. Rotax 582 needs left foot. We must have exceeded their capacity to produce them. They are now out of stock.
    Dimension 6” long x 1-1/2” wide x3/8” thick