Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Landing lights

Default Re: Landing lights

Steve makes a good point about the power draw and conflict with the limited output of the rotax alternator.

DJ - in the case of the LEDs you posted the photo for - any idea about the power draw on these?

FYI - when I did my earlier post about the dual halogens (which are pretty high draw) - I didn't mention, but should have - that I have the auxillary 40 amp belt driven alternator for the rotax - otherwise the system could not possibly support the position lights, strobes and halogens - none of these are LEDs so everything running at once does pull a few amps.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    K7 Trigear
    St Paul, MN

Dave the draw is 2 amps on the aerosun 1600 here is some web sites on led landing lights http://www.aeroleds.com/ www.kestrobes.com kitfox has the aerosun in their catalog. I don't have any landing lights installed yet, but my postion lights, panels lights are led and I can turn everything on with no problems. Have heater kit and strobes also.
    Dj Series 6

I am going to make a retractable landing light for the bottom of my cowl with ,..a double element one for ground with tail down one for approach,..it's just a matter of making a hinged mount for the lights to set on,..and a cable retract system,..if your going to add the weight of the lights anyway ,..it wouldn't be that much more weight for a hinge and cable

Chase
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 07-01-2009 at 03:00 PM.