Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: advice for forum on trailering kitfox to tour US

Default Re: advice for forum on trailering kitfox to tour US

Thanks for the replies, guys. I heard that there might be an issue while reading Ronald Wanttaja's book Kitplane Construction. I think he was trying to discourage the reader from hangering in their home garage and trailing frequently back and forth to the airport. I didn't know if he was mostly speculating, or if it was a legitimate concern. Sounds like if done correctly, theirs no concern. Thanks!
    Colby

Default Re: advice for forum on trailering kitfox to tour US

Quote Originally Posted by coosbo View Post
    I know this is an old thread but it seemed like the most appropriate place for my question.

I've read some concerns about extensive trailering time for an aircraft. Mainly that they're not designed to withstand the constant vibration and wear and tear associated with highway travel. The idea is that this could cause nuts to jiggle lose, cables to wear in locations that otherwise wouldn't, rivets to sheer, etc.

It seems that there are a handful of people that own a Kitfox with lots of highway miles. Does anyone with this experience or someone that knows others with this kind of experience know if this is a legitimate concern for the Kitfox?

Thanks
    Colby
    Anybody have any thoughts on his question?