Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tall Pilot

Default Re: Tall Pilot

That is a good thought. we certainly get our share of turbulence out here. Thanks for the fast reply to the post. Saved me a few bucks!

-Butch

Glad to hear you have the plane now Butch. I saw your plane flying at Nampa a couple of weeks ago and figured it might have been you. I was doing a maintenance test flight on my Zenair CH-2000 that day and you taxied by me.

Also, I wouldn't get too high in the seat with the cushion. Like was said, you will bump your head in turbulence.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Something to consider. Im short, 5'4", and when I was purchasing a couple extra seat cusions Debra brought up this fact. She stated that the rear seat cushion has a lot to do with how high you sit in the seat as well as it pushes you forward, therefore higher since the bottom is a ramp. Sure enough. I can sit in my plane with a 1" bottom and a 3" back cushion no problem. You may already have the thin cushion but for anyone else that might be considering an extra cushion for passengers I found this helpful as I only needed to purchase an extra back and not both. She saved me some $$
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X