Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She flyes

Default She flyes

Yesterday afternoon. My grandson & I were at the Iron Crown airstrip fooling with my bird. When Airfox & Floog showed up in their awesome looking Kitfoxes.
    One thing led to another & when I jokingly asked them if either one of them would mind taking my plane up for the first flight Floog said, Sure I'll take her up. So after checking her out away he went What a Awesome feeling watching her takeoff for the fist time! He circled for altitude & did some stall testing & pronounced it good. Power off clean 24 indicated with flaps 19 indicated. When he brought her in the landing & roll out were perfect. I could hardly contain myself I was so happy. My gratitude to Doug is beyond what words can express. What a gutsy guy. To take up a airplane he has seen all of 10 minutes tops. Sorry no pics. Spur of the moment & all that, but I'm still on cloud nine.
    Dutch

Default Re: She flyes

Fantastic!
    I can imagine you are as giddy as a school girl..
    Lou
    KitFox II

Congrats Dutch.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Way to go! Congratz!!
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

Congratulations any pictures?
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Here are a couple pictures that I took yesterday Simon.
    20150308_161854.jpg
    20150308_161333.jpg

Thank you Scott for the pictures. I again want to express my appreciation to both you and Doug for helping me out. With Doug test flying my plane & you taking me up in yours to show me the best approach. Man,What a confidence booster!!

Dutch,
    Congratulations. I definitely know the feeling. When I finished my first Model IV, I hired a guy to fly off the first five hours and then he checked me out in the airplane and I flew off the rest. On the first flight I was watching from the apron with a buddy who's hangar I had borrowed for the duration. All of a sudden his eyes lit up and he said something like, "I have driven the chase car lots of times, lets get your car". He flew U2s out of Beal AFB and they always landed with a car tracking behind the landing U2 to call out the final altitude numbers. We got my car and with him driving and me with my head and video camera sticking out of the sun roof, we followed him down the runway as he landed.

The thrill was watching the airplane fly, but it was mixed with some anxiety as he went up to do the stalls and we would momentarily lose visual contact with him. Following that day was a great 900 hours.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Congratulations, Dutch! It's a great feeling to have your bird flying. Time to get up there yourself now.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Smile Re: She flyes

Congrats Dutch. What a cool story!

One suggestion, once you get some hour in your new Fox, check the accuracy of that airspeed indicator as those are very, very low stall speeds. I'm guessing your static port is most likely the issue. The bonus you will receive once you get that fixed is that you will learn that your Fox flies much faster than you previously thought

Again, congrats! Oh, and your new bird is beautiful too.