Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: angel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: angel

Glad to hear you are ok. What engine was that on?

Default Re: angel

Hanslab,

That was exciting!

At least, in retrospect, it probably would not have quit on you....just the wild vibration & approximately 25% power loss.

I was considering installing a carb heat of this design...so far all I have done is stare at the parts and not put them in the plane....I am now considering the carb heat apparatus of this design might be a much bigger problem than what it is intended to solve that doesn't seem to be much of a problem on a Rotax anyway. Probably better to stare at the parts on the bench than use them in the plane

6 years of flying without carb heat......the old 912 never misses a beat. Currently running outside cold air for intake into the Rotax Airbox - I use the carb heat intake on the air box as an alternate air intake from under the cowl behind the engine (it has a screen over the hole).

Thinking that the electric carb base heaters might be a better call if a person is required to have carb heat due to regulations or personal preference.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive