Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: RTV 739 for tanks, ? bout freezing

Default RTV 739 for tanks, ? bout freezing

I need to order some RTV 739 for tank install, does anyone have a tube lying around that states weather or not this stuff can freeze. Some silicone based products become worthless if frozen during shipment, dont really want the tanks falling out.

thanks, Mike M.

Default Re: RTV 739 for tanks, ? bout freezing

MSDS on Dow Corning's web pages shows "Freezing/Melting point - Not Determined"

I work for a industrial adhesive & lubricant sales company. The adhesives we ship when temperatures are expected below freezing anywhere along the transit are in pellet form.
    Last edited by KFfan; 02-15-2015 at 06:39 AM.
    Lou
    KitFox II

Scanman, I've never known of a silicone with a potential freezing problem. Could you perhaps be thinking f the other common common product, laytex calk, which is water based, often with an amount of silicone mixed into it.

I use silicone sealants all the time. They live in my work van, which is currently 4 below zero Fahrenheit inside. RTV type products don't freeze in my experience.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Thank you both for the replies. I may have it confused with other stuff, I just wanted to be sure it was ok if it froze during transport. I'll go ahead and order some and get my tanks installed. Thanks again.

Mike M.