Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Question for the Masses

Default Question for the Masses

Read FAR 91.409 - do you agree with paragraph (c) (1) that and experimental certificate or light sport certificate does not require a 12 month inspection? Just food for thought. (Not trying to get out of an inspection.)

Dick B

Default Re: Question for the Masses

It seems that way to me. Experimental aircraft are exempted in Part 43 as well.
    Last edited by KFfan; 01-28-2015 at 08:13 AM. Reason: fat fingered
    Lou
    KitFox II

I'm pretty sure every amateur built experimental aircraft has the requirement for a condition inspection within the past 12 months in the Operating Limitations as part of it's Airworthiness Certificate.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Quote Originally Posted by t j View Post
    I'm pretty sure every amateur built experimental aircraft has the requirement for a condition inspection within the past 12 months in the Operating Limitations as part of it's Airworthiness Certificate.
    I know mine does.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Dick B in KY View Post
    Read FAR 91.409 - do you agree with paragraph (c) (1) that and experimental certificate or light sport certificate does not require a 12 month inspection? Just food for thought. (Not trying to get out of an inspection.)

Dick B
    The paragraph in question only states that Experimantal aircraft are exempt from the provisions of this section because the requirement is spelled out elsewhere. I suggest you carefully read all the provisions in your Air Worthiness Certificate.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Hi Dick,

The Regulations exempt experimental aircraft from certain regulations including an annual inspection.

Regulation requires compliance with limitations issued for an experimental aircraft at the time a special airworthiness certificate is issued. Those limitations will be buried in the several pages issued by the DAR or FAA Airworthiness inspector. The limitations are issued separately from the airworthiness xcertificate but both documents are traditionally issued at the same time and both must be carried on the aircraft.

The Limitations issued for an amateur built issued a special airworthiness certificate will specify that a condition inspection must be accomplished on a 12 month basis. The limitations will also include the exact language that the repairman or A & P must use when signing off. A "condition inspection" is considered differently by the regulations compared to an "annual inspection" although both are performed on a 12 month basis.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF 7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive