Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Sight Gauge Tubing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Sight Gauge Tubing

After reading about the issues with the fuel sight tubes, I did some research awhile back and bought some of the LP-1500. I played with it a little, with mixed results. It is a little stiffer and more prone to kinking than the C-210-A... it didn't make those 90 deg. bends nearly as well. I went so far as to make a form to contain the tubing & keep it from kinking while I heated it in the oven to see if I could get it to maintain it's shape. When I got it to a temperature that it would do that fairly well, it clouds up some, which may or may not be acceptable. I don't know what the heating might be doing to it's other properties. I couldn't get an answer from the distributor about whether it could/should be heat-formed or not. I ended up using the tubes that came in my kit, but I sure don't like the probability of having to replace them that often... there's got to be a better way.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime