Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kitfox model 2 weight and balance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Kitfox model 2 weight and balance

It wasn't offered in tricycle gear. We also run a rotax 912 engine and have the tail the same size as a model 4. EXPERMENTAL. We have done a lot of modifications. Part of the fun of owning one. what I found interesting is the manual you sent me identifies the MAC and empty weight for a model 1. listing the max gross as 950 rather than 850. We are going back into phase 1 testing and plan on increasing our gross weight to 1000
    Last edited by dalords; 01-20-2015 at 06:35 PM.

Default Re: Kitfox model 2 weight and balance

Quote Originally Posted by dalords View Post
    Almost complete with my project (rebuild) Kitfox model 2. The plane never came with any weight and balance data, so I have to go off and recreate it. I was wondering what is the CG limits of this model? Is the datum the wing root leading edge like it is on a model 4? is anyone will to email me their weight and balance data sheet so that I can get an idea of what it should be? If so send it to dalords@cablone.net. I will be weighing the plane this weekend.
    I have a spreadsheet for calculating w&b for a type III, which I imagine is close. If you'll send me some data, I'll be happy to calculate it for you.

You will need:
    Empty weight
    Gross Wt
    Location of main gear axle centerline from the leading edge of the wing
    Location of nose gear axle centerline from the leading edge of the wing
    Max allowable forward CG
    Max allowable aft CG

When you measure the location fo the axle centerlines, the aircraft has to be level (it may already be sitting on a tricycle gear).

Cheers,
    Chuck Gruby
    Petal, Kit Fox III Flying