Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Balancing tires

Default Balancing tires

has anybody tried Dyna beads for balancing your tires? I'm thinking mainly of my big nanco tires. they are so bad for balancing. How much beads do you use? can you just break the bead and pour some in?

Default Re: Balancing tires

I just found this, very cool.

The quickest way to install Dyna Beads is to use an air hose with a nozzle. Attach the Dyna Hose to the valve stem, put the air nozzle on the other end of the Dyna Hose, and give it a short blast of air. The beads will quickly move thru the valve stem and into the tire. Control the amount of beads with the air nozzle. Using this method takes only a few seconds.

Good afternoon,

This thread brings to mind some additional questions.

Exactly how does this bring a tire into balance? What's the theory behind the application? How is it supposed to work?

Thanks,

Dave S

Watch this video to understand how they work. At Low RPM they do not work well, as the speed pick up they balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq263AYgyYg
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

cool video..I have balanced a tire with patches on the inside..tedious but it works and the patch doesn't move
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

I use them in my 1937 Ford pickup. No-one has the old time tire ballancers needed to ballance the tire-rim combination of that era. New 600-16 bias-ply tires and the truck tried to shake itself apart at 20 mph on up. Put the beads in and at about 15 mph everything smoothes right out. I can go as fast as the old girl can go and not even a wiggle. Kinda reminds me of when we use to put a quart of antifreeze in our steering-axle tires when I drove over -the road back in the day.

Oh yea I forgot, never check tire preasure when the valve-stem is anywhere near the 6-0clock position. The beads get in the stem and let all the air out. Only put in air or check preasures when stem is at 12-oclock. Ask me how I know ??

Don't know where I saw it; but, read a story where a person used airsoft plastic beads in lieu of the ceramic ones for this purpose.....DS

I use those Dyna beads in my 1 ton pickup with 19.5" tires on it.

They work great and the ride is smooth as silk. When I was using wheel weights for the balance I would periodically have to rebalance because one would come off. When that would happen it really got your attention quick.

These things are easy to use and can balance tires that are hard or impossible to do with wheel weights.

I need to try them on my truck. I had then go wonky, have had them rebalanced several times. I think it may solve my constant wear and then out of balance problem.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas