Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AirParks

Default AirParks

since allot of talk is floating around about airparks,,figured I'd start this
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Default Re: AirParks

I have been doing research on putting an airpark in North East Texas,..
    I have researched areas that can have their own water source ( drinking water well) owner gets all mineral rights, no zoning..out in the country but close enough to large town/ small city for shopping etc I have done weather research ( avoiding tornado alley areas..) and rainfall ..dominant wind survey's.. heating source surveys..etc..

Im hoping to find an ideal area that is not in a controlled area,..potential occupants would have no covenants with 2 exceptions,,limited farm animals,,and a minimal fee for runway maintenance,..or a chart could be set up for users of the runway and each take turns mowing etc,..each lot being 5 acres one could set their house back from the runway and have a hangar at the runway or homehangar combo's as I said ,,no rules other then those stated.
    I have nothing in stone yet,,nothing commited,,just research at this point

the goal..an airpark that is relaxed and doesn't cost 1,3/4's of a leg and .25 of an arm
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

I say farm animals..we have horses,..the plan ,,an area for horses ..dogs cats kids what ever kind of wild life ya like
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Be careful on the no covenants part. A true story: A buddy of mine while we were both building - me, my Model IV-1200 Rotax 912 and him his Series 5 with 0235 - developed an airpark with almost the exact same ideas you have and with likely the same motivation - lets do this together and make a bit of heaven on earth. (Pic. Attached. I wish he was still here to discuss his experiences with you. He succumbed to health issues).

Apparently everything went well until the lady with the "noise sensitive" horse decided there had to be noise abatement policies attached to the scant covenants already in place. She found a "good" lawyer to help her move things along. My friend, who had a very winnable case was retired at the time and the potential legal costs against his retirement prompted him to walk away from his dream.

Be careful!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Thanks for the heads up Lowell, once it's all said and done, if I sell any lots, there will be some sort of understanding in writing, with each lot being 5 acres, that's 330'x660' , the lots I have been looking at are all different shapes , so lot dimensions will be decided last, first the runway then access to each lot.
    I don't know for sure, but sounds like the person that had the horse there might have not been a horse person, I can stand right next to my wife's horses and target practice, they look at what I'm shooting at then look at me as to say ha I could do better then that if I had fingers lol
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Sorry for the loss of your friend, I understand all to well the sense of loss with close friends, he built a pretty bird👍
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

This development I'm in is 86 lots, the smallest is 5 acres, you can't see my house from the road and its 3 floors 10,000 square feet , I use our road now and then for a runway, it's a 120' wide easement I'm a mile in from the main road
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

The air park I'm considering , I'm trying to find a site that has no houses for at least a mile from its location, but no more then 10 miles from stores etc
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Looking for at least 100 acres,, with room for a 3,000 ft runway, that will depend on the shape of the site lot, 300 acres would be better, with ponds a plus, then a potential water landing area could be put in, basically " room to expand" this is where no zoning is a good thing
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

the lady with the "noise sensitive" horse
    sounds like the person that had the horse there might have not been a horse person
    Agreed. The horse was not the problem. But, you do have to deal with the people. I have horses, love horses, been around horses all my life. Just be very, very clear that it's an airpark, with active airplanes that make lots of noise and come and go at will. I'm a real estate Broker and work with developers designing and selling subdivisions. I use big bold print on all contracts and have lines for initials on every non-normal point. Buyers are required to initial and sign regarding everything/anything required for a subdivision. Oh, and I also have a very well known, good, aggressive, mean arrs attorney.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos