Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AirParks

Default Re: AirParks

If my wife didn't want to move to Texas, I'd consider doing it here in Missouri , if you own at least 3 acres here, in a no zoning area you can do anything you want without a permit, just build it
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

There are 4 family's from California that moved out here just because the permits to build are a large cost of doing anything, and a seperate well for fires? What's up with that? Someone in the state legislature own a well drilling company?
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

good points Steve,..yes not going into this blind..my family use to build 60 houses a year, every house built above standard,,no I don't want to build anymore houses lol my next place I'm handing over the blueprints to someone else lol
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

I have a lawyer/cpa/etc..and he is licensed in Texas as well as Missouri
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

check the local laws In Little Rock Ar a lawyer decided to put in a paved strip and planned to fly a Citation from it. the locals went nuts, and it turns out that his airport was within 5 miles of the city limits and they can impose local zoning laws within 5 miles.

great paved strip that has never had an airplane on it.

dcsfoto,,yes ,,that's why im looking for a no zoning area,..outside of city areas ..once its there if city growth encroaches,,too late,its established,..
    grass strip is the plan at first,,light aircraft ,,the runway will have a stone base of 4 to 6 inch 3/4 rock then a fine aggregate put over the top that can support centipede or a like grass that has a complex root system ..it gets dry at times in Texas,,so something that is hearty that can take abuse, eventually by putting the stone base in first and then a fine aggregate,,if it turns out chip and seal is the next option,,,the base is already there,,so burn off the grass compact and seal it

the areas I have been looking at have a sandy soil ,,so if you have landed on a sand runway ,,its like tossing horse shoes..eventually you get a pit (low area) after repeated landing in the same spot,.by putting the base in your eliminating that to an extent..a chip and seal threshold at each end is an option too..all this will depend on the area that is chosen
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 01-05-2015 at 12:19 PM.
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

strategy ..find the proposed site..check laws..water source..power source..airspace..prevailing winds,,weather,, get perk tests done..etc,,if all lines up and it looks like a go ,,purchase property..
    another option NE texas is an agricultural area,..there are allot of existing runways on property's for crop dusting,..and they are large parcels,,so if by chance I find a possible site with existing runway half the battle is done
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 01-05-2015 at 12:41 PM.
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Hello,

NE Texas is humid as heck! I would definitely check out the Fredericksburg and Kerville area (anything WEST of Austin). There are some Airparks in the Kingsland/Marble Falls area and further out west by Fredericksburg. The arid shift in Texas starts in the Austin area and is less humid as you move west - Fredericksburg is about an hour drive west of Austin.

Here is a recent FORBES listing on the BEST PLACES to retire.....

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mjf45...ericksburg-tx/

Austin is getting "californicated" (excuse my language) and everything just keeps going up in price...UUGH! Heading west of Austin is a good area and has more sane pricing levels. You can grow crops and there are many lakes in this Hill Country region so definitely take a look!

I wouldn't give a nickel to live in Austin Texas. The Traffic SUCKS, and to use an old term top damne many YUPPIES! Fredericksburg area is nice Fredericksburg has become too commercialized! The Harley Groups ride that area constantly. But I do like Fredericksburg.

Quote Originally Posted by BerkutFX View Post
    Hello,

NE Texas is humid as heck! I would definitely check out the Fredericksburg and Kerville area (anything WEST of Austin). There are some Airparks in the Kingsland/Marble Falls area and further out west by Fredericksburg. The arid shift in Texas starts in the Austin area and is less humid as you move west - Fredericksburg is about an hour drive west of Austin.

Here is a recent FORBES listing on the BEST PLACES to retire.....

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mjf45...ericksburg-tx/

Austin is getting "californicated" (excuse my language) and everything just keeps going up in price...UUGH! Heading west of Austin is a good area and has more sane pricing levels. You can grow crops and there are many lakes in this Hill Country region so definitely take a look!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    I wouldn't give a nickel to live in Austin Texas. The Traffic SUCKS, and to use an old term top damne many YUPPIES! Fredericksburg area is nice Fredericksburg has become too commercialized! The Harley Groups ride that area constantly. But I do like Fredericksburg.
    There is a nice Airpark between Fredericksburg and Kerville... perfect location in my opinion. It is also very nice to have your Airpark location close to a Municipal Airport (about 12 miles away for the Airpark in this area).