Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kitfox forum US Sport Aviation Expo

Default Re: Kitfox forum US Sport Aviation Expo

I can support the idea of airpark living. We've been in one - Cameron Park - for fifteen years and still love it. Google Earth - Aeronca Way, Cameron Park, CA - that's my street.

The good: We are in the Sierra foothills and consequently above the winter Central Valley fog and far enough from the coast that we only get hints of the high coastal winds. Snow? - every two or three years maybe a couple of inches. Typically every day is a fly day unless a weather front is passing through. Also and a biggie, somehow we have been able to avoid the drama found so often in themed or gated communities. We also have four Kitfoxes here to welcome you. My next door neighbor - Cessna 206 - is a general contractor as well as a great guy and can build your dream home if you can deal with the bad.

The Bad: It is California after all with all its "drama" and costs - for new construction, you will be paying ~ $100,000 in fees. That is likely why we have so many for sale signs on the vacant lots here, but homes do come on line from time to time. I would think if you wanted something custom, bare property prices are pretty good right now.

When I hear of the cost of hangaring, I just subtract those numbers from my house payment. It usually produces a grin.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Being an avid hunter and one of those dreaded 'gun fanatics' I would have a hard time in Ca. I have been there a few times and think Ca. is a very nice state and have felt the people were very nice and laid back. Never had a problem...except that time I drove through Watts, got lost in a rental car, and it did get my hyper senses on full alert. Had a few days to waste before heading overseas. Ah, my youth when I was invincable! LOL

I currently have been building my own private heaven in MN. and anyone of you are welcome to stop in if you are in the area. My place is very close to the headwaters of the Mississippi river. 120 acres within the boundries of the Paul Bunyan State Forest. Plenty of useable strip for a Kitfox or planes of its type. Have a hangar and have been slowly working on a log house. You can see it in the link below. I just need a place to go in the winter.

http://www.google.com/maps/@47.20038.../data=!3m1!1e3

Quote Originally Posted by ken nougaret View Post
    Av8rps, whats the name of that airpark? My wife and i have toyed with that idea as well. Ken
    Mount Royal in Crescent City. It's in my opinion probably one of the nicest, if not the nicest smaller airpark in Florida, but is somewhat new and for some reason or other unknown to many. Covenants are pretty strict, which probably turns some off. But that keeps it the beautiful place it is. And for those not needing a big fancy house, they still have some lots for sale that allow for a hangar home that only requires an 800 sq ft house with the hangar.

I think because there are so many other airparks around it there's lots of competition (Leeward at Ocala on one side of it and Spruce Creek in Daytona on the other - but those places are HUGE by comparison. But there's also some smaller ones around it too. Seems Florida is peppered with airparks).

I'm looking at highs this week that are below zero, so I'm looking forward to the day I can complain about it being too hot or humid in the winter . And I still love lake living in Wisconsin in the summer, but one day I'm going to find a way to escape the winter at least every now and then. You'll find me then at Mount Royal.

Quote Originally Posted by kitfox2009 View Post
    The finished product.
    All loaded and ready to go. Note prop blade out the back!!!!
    Don
    kitfox2009 I have been trying to find your album, but I can't find it. I am interested in your trailer design.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

My goal, purchase a property big enough to put 20 5 acre lots around the runway, do as you please, no covenants with exception to numbers of farm animals, 5 acres of pigs could make a nasty smell lol with that understanding, no other issues, but would hope for people that keep their property in as good a shape as a legal aircraft needs to be to fly
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Chase, where are you looking in North Texas? Easy of McKinney, & Sherman area?

Paul
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

the place Im looking at is about 52 NM 60 +/- miles Northeast of from DWF 23 NM South east of Sherman, Im checking the aquafur to see if this property can have its own water source,..mineral rights go to the owners,the last thing I'd want is to get it all put together and have someone claiming mineral rights put an oil well right in the middle of the runway,and no zoning....I should have more info this week
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 01-04-2015 at 07:52 PM.
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

I can understand people not liking florida's humidity. But where I bought is far enough north and east in the state that I believe it is more than bearable when I want to be there (winter). But I can agree with more open space like they have out west, as so much of florida is overpopulated imho. But one of the things I really like about Mount Royal (aka Crescent City) is that it is surrounded by natural state parks and forests, so there are miles and miles of uninhabited areas like I am used to here in Wisconsin.

But you know, if a bunch of us end up on airparks all over the country, or have our own private airstrips, it's just going to be that much more fun as we will all have reasons to go see eachother.

Ps - I love your piece of paradise there in Minnesota. Looks like a really cool setup. I've done some float flying around that area. Beautiful country! There's an annual seaplane gathering at Gull Lake that I attend when I can. I belong to the Minnesota seaplane pilots association, so I know some of your neighbors I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WWhunter View Post
    av8rps,
    I actually already own a place in Florida. Spent nearly 10 years down there, not a big fan of the humidity. I was just there visiting the in-laws and did visit one airpark but I think I prefer the southwest and the wide open spaces it offers. Having said this, I will keep my options open.